$600 (plus HST)
Career Development & Strategic Planning
Do you want to tour the USA? Reach 1000 units in album sales? Write music for others or build your team? Typically, a manager would work with you to create a realistic plan to reach these goals, but hiring a manager might not be right for you at this time. Tell us about your history, where you are at professionally and what your goals are, and our managers will brainstorm and build a realistic, project-based plan with you!
The Career Development and Strategic Planning sessions give you access to an experienced artist manager who will brainstorm a plan with you; they will help build onto and review pitches, timelines, budgets and other critical components significant to your project. You will also receive important knowledge, tools and resources that you can use for future activities.
Examples of projects:
- You are releasing an album in six months and need to create a strategic plan to reach a targeted number of album sales.
- You want to grow your audiences and create a plan to engage your existing audiences and brainstorm the most strategic market(s) to enter next.
- You want to build your team and get a manager.
What to expect:
- Pre-meeting – The artist will complete and return the Artist Questionnaire prior to this brief meeting. We will discuss your project, what your expectations are and set meeting dates.
- Week 1 – MEETING 1, 1.5 hours – NDN Talent will review your goals, your existing plan(s) and propose industry standard solutions to reach your goals. We will discuss and brainstorm options and solutions for your project. Both you and NDN Talent are assigned homework for meeting 2.
- Week 7 – MEETING 2, 1.5 hours – NDN Talent will review homework from the first meeting with you. NDN Talent will provide relevant templates, a list of service providers and how they will work for you, and industry standard approaches (such as a recording timeline or pitching media). Your homework will be to implement these templates and call service providers as necessary.
- Week 12 – MEETING 3, 1.5 hour – NDN Talent will review your completed templates and make edits or suggestions as necessary to carry out your project. We will discuss your plan to ensure you are confident in completing our project and we will consult any final questions or concerns.