In partnership with the Ontario Arts Council, this program will support travel for emerging and established Indigenous musicians to attend music engagements and other professional development opportunities significant to their career.
WHO CAN APPLY?
You are eligible to apply to this program if you:
- Are an Ontario-based Indigenous music artist*;
- Live in Ontario for at least 8 months of the year;
- Have lived in Ontario for at least one year before your application; and,
- Are a Canadian citizen.
*(the definition of Indigenous includes Metis, Inuit, Status and Non-Status peoples)
ELIGIBLE AND INELIGIBLE EXPENSES:
- Airplane, train or bus tickets
- Taxi or shuttle bus fares to and from airports, train stations or bus stations
- Extra luggage fare for large instrument transportation
- Meals or per diem expenses
- Showcase fees
- Business and promotion expenses, such as business cards and postcards
WHO MAKES DECISIONS ABOUT THE GRANTS?
The NDN Talent Collective is a recommender organization of the Ontario Arts Council. Recommenders are organizations who are authorized by the Ontario Arts Council (OAC) to receive applications, review them and make recommendations for the grants in this program. The OAC has allocated a budget to the NDN Talent Collective.
Recommenders make decisions based on the quality of the artist’s work and other funding priorities they establish, including the impact the engagement will have on furthering your music career. Please note, because of the limited budget available and the number of applications received, it is not possible to fund all eligible applications or grant the full amount requested.
Within six weeks of the application deadline the recommender (NDN Talent Collective) will inform you whether your application will be funded. The NDN Talent Collective will mail cheques to the address provided in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the online application form, include audio support of your work. If you require a printable version of the application, please email email@example.com and send it to the NDN Talent Collective.:
The NDN Talent Collective
402 – 460 Richmond Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 1Y1
Application deadline: May 2, 2016
- You can receive one Aboriginal Musicians Travel Assistance grant per OAC program year (April 1 – March 31)
- You are not eligible to re-apply until you have reported on a previous grant in this program
Within one year of the grant cheque date, you have to complete a brief report on how the grant was spent and including your final budget.
Sage Paul, General Manager, NDN Talent Collective
+1 416 459 8280 or sage@NDNtalent.com